Massing Study/ Design Schemes
For my massing study I was pretty conflicted. As stated in previous posts, I had a design in mind when coming into this project, but I really wanted to explore my options. For these to schemes I really took a lot from the materials that I chose. The first scheme I looked at the ceiling panels that I found as one of my materials, and I was seeing the box forms it created, and that is what led to my first design scheme. The design is just a simple series of boxes stacked up around each other.


My second design scheme was inspired by my second material. I liked the idea of a spiral effect of the building, but knowing that there is a building within a very close proximity, (the Ascent) I looked to use the sloping shapes in a different way. I then looked at the word that I found using the etymology process, which was rise. I played around for a while with different shapes and found the design scheme below.




No comments:

Post a Comment