Materials
I began my search for materials by looking for materials that I thought would fit into the design that I had already created in my head. Once I got into the transmaterial website (http://transmaterial.net) and looked at all of the different types of materials that there were, and I chose a two that were not something that would generally fit into my design that I thought I wanted, and made me think about the different designs I could do.


Geometrix

Geometrix Ceiling Panels are lightweight aluminum panels that can be applied to ceilings or walls. They are offered in a variety of profiles and depths to create highly distinctive 3D ceiling treatments featuring articulated planes, juxtaposed angles, and other geometric perspectives.


Algorythmic
The automatic attraction to this material was what made me choose it. I thought it was very intriguing and it really made me think about a different kind of form that my building could take on. This material is actually called Milgo/Bufkin and it can bend different shapes into metal. The shapes offer a alternatives to extusions and roll forming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment